Who We Are and What We Do
- Thames Rivers Trust has been promoting an ecosystem approach to river restoration on the Thames and its tributaries since 1986.
- Working with our six partner River Trusts we deliver a strategic view, embracing communication and skill sharing to create joined-up thinking and funding for river restoration projects across the Thames River Basin.
- In 2010 we funded the Environment Agency Thames region’s successful entry to win the prestigious Theiss International River Prize for the River Thames.
- TRT supports catchment management, habitat improvement and river restoration projects large and small. Our Thames Restoration Fund provided 9 projects with a total of £165k of funding. Levering additional funding of more than £400k.
- Our TRF projects delivered in both rural and urban areas and included opening up fish passage, reconnecting rivers to the floodplain, as well as an innovative community water quality modelling scheme.
- TRT is committed to working with additional partners to further WFD objectives and is administering a Thames Catchment Forum with other third sector groups and government agencies.
- TRT is supporting a pilot project on Natural Flood Management as part of the EA’s six year Thames Flood Risk Management Strategy.
- TRT is committed to help develop a sustainable water re-sources strategy for the Thames RB and is working with the EA, water companies and other third sector organisations to achieve this.